Pages are used to organize content and other pages. Think of a page as a folder on your computer's desktop. You can put documents into it as well as other folders. Pages are the buckets your content will fit into. Think about the user's experience, what is going to be the easiest way for your users to find the content they want?
To create a new page, click "Add Page" at the upper right-hand side of the page list.
To edit an existing page, click on that page's title from the list.
A few notes about setting up pages:
- Status: A page's status can be set to either "Published" or "Draft".
- Draft content is visible only to app admins.
- Published content is visible within the admin console and will appear in the app.
- Use this feature to set up future releases or sections of content and then publish them only when you are ready.
- Access: Like home page access, an individual page's access can be set to either "Public" or "Private".
- Public pages will be visible to anyone using the app, regardless of membership. (e.g. regardless of whether they are logged in)
- Private pages will only be visible to registered members who have logged into the app.
- Use this feature to draw in users with some public "teaser" content that creates buy-in for users to want to create a profile or sign up for your membership to access the private pages. This can become a "member benefit".
- Parent page: By selecting a parent page, you can nest a new page within an existing page. This is how you organize pages into other pages.
- Priority: By setting a page priority you can over-ride the default sorting order in lists.
- By default, all pages will appear alphabetically, A-Z. If you add a priority to a page all "Priority 1" pages will appear alphabetically A-Z above all "Priority 2" pages alphabetically A-Z, and so on.
- If priority is not set and left in "normal" it will be considered the lowest priority and will show up below those that have priorities set.
- Title vs. Short Title: Every page must have a title. Optionally, every page can have a "short title" -- short titles appear in the navigation the bar across the top of the screen. It is recommended that if a page's title is more than one word long that you include a short title. This can be found under the "Advanced" settings.
- Adding Content: Before you can add content to a page you must first create a piece of content under the content tab. See the "Content" section of this document for more information.
- Cover Image: Upload cover images to your pages to be displayed on the home screen and the top banner of the page.
- Advanced: This is where you will find a few additional settings.
- Display: Once you click into your page, you can display your content in either a grid or a list.
- Short title: See the note above about titles.
- Sponsor: You can add sponsors per page. See more details on this in the "Sponsor" section below.
- Cover Video URL: You also can upload a video URL as your page's cover image. To do this though, please send the URL and the page info to the New Start Support Team.
- Share Tokens: See more details on page and membership sharing in the "Sharing" section below.